In case of emergency, please contact us immediately:
Residential Customers: 0800 300 400
Business Customers: 0800 600 900
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
What to do in a gas emergency
- Turn off your gas supply
- To turn off your metered gas supply, turn the valve handle to Horizontal (level with the ground). You may need a spanner to do this.
- To turn off your LPG bottled supply, turn the valve clockwise until it closes completely.
- Ventilate the area by opening doors and windows.
- Leave electrical appliances as they are - don't turn them off or on.
- Vacate the premises and call Genesis Energy on 0800 300 400 (Residential) or 0800 600 900 (Business) and press option 1. Remember call us from a neighbouring property if possible as your property may be unsafe to remain in.
What to do in an electrical accident
- If someone suffers an electric shock, don't touch them while they're still in contact with the source of electricity.
- Turn off the power or disconnect the appliance.
- If the power can't be turned off, use non-conductive material, such as a piece of wood (for example a wooden broom handle), to separate the victim from the power source.
- Dial 111 immediately.
- If breathing has stopped, apply mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
- If someone is burned, apply cold water to the burns. If the burns are severe, call 111 for medical instructions.
If you have any other questions, please contact us.